Here are Saul Alinsky’s 12 Rules for Radicals
1. Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.
2. Never go outside the expertise of your people.
3. Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. (Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty)
4. Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. (This is often used against Christians, again using deceptive tactics. For example, people say…. You are not supposed to judge! You are supposed to love (which is manipulated to mean that you are to believe that everything that everyone does is perfectly fine unconditionally or you are not a Christian.) Any objection is seen as intolerance or a move against peace. These are often used and contorted to assert that to be Christian means to be NICE, even obsequiously nice in all situations and to never take an opposing stance.
Even more frequently, the Alinskyite disguises himself as a friend or a fellow citizen but uses that position in order to attack. So any objection or countering of the Alinsky position is considered impolite and unchristian.
But the appropriate reaction to being attacked is COURAGE. Christians need to stand for the truth. They need to uncover the works of darkness. And they need to stand firm when they are attacked and NOT agree that they are being “impolite” or “unchristian” by taking a stand.
5. Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. (Personal attacks and mocking your opponent take the conversation away from the issues and target it on the personality of your enemy. The strategic advantages are many. There’s no logical defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy .into concessions. Nobody wants to be publicly humiliated. Many of the 12 rules are used together to intimidate people ).
6. A good tactic is one your people enjoy.
7. A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.
8. Keep the pressure on. Never let up. —Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. Attack, attack, attack…..
9. The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself. Demoralize your opponent. Note how this is used to prevent people in charge from speaking up. The attacks are individualized, personal, constant, attacking from all sides—eg. the mob goes to the house of a politician and screams in the middle of the night or breaks windows etc. A community organized group starts leveling accusations, no matter how minor or even untrue and gets people fired, gets their spouses fired, ruins their reputations, goes to their employers and gets them to apologize if they try to defend the victim. The media quite happily joins in and completes the destruction of the person’s reputation. The threat that these politicians, business leaders and other pivotal people see and are terrified of is the total destruction of a human being. They don’t want that to happen to them. So that is why we are seeing people run for the hills when they should be taking control of the situation and punishing people who commit violent crimes. The threat of the “swatting” keeps these leaders from doing or saying anything that would make them stand out and be targeted by the mob. And so the vicious, Communist mob tears apart America with no one to challenge them. What they don’t realize is that we will all be victims of that mob when the Communists take over (which looks like it will be happening very soon) because of their cowardice and dereliction of duty.
10. If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.
An example could be inciting and creating violence so terrible that the other side to begins to use violence against your people. That creates revolution (a plus for Communist agitators) and works to turn people against your opponent.
This has also been interpreted as pushing a lie so hard and so loudly and persistently that people begin to accept it as true. The phrase was actually attributed to a propagandist who aided Hitler, Joseph Goebbels. The phrase attributed to Goebbels was “if you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.”
Goebbels also added an interesting follow up. ” The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic, and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
11. The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative. (Here, the “constructive alternative” is the transfer of power, the replacement of American freedom with Communist totalitarianism, which is basically the whole point. For example, the constructive alternative to the recent riots is to wrest power away from the police who are there to protect the people and put it in the hands of a “social agency” controlled by the socialists who now have control over the local firepower in communities. )
12. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it and polarize it. — Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.
We’ve seen a lot of this tactic in recent days. Also see how this connects to Rules 5, 8, 9 and 1.
So those are all of Alinsky’s 12 Rules. Stay tuned and I will assign one or more of these tactics to characters in our card game. Let’s just say that “Jack the Swatter” is not a nice guy, and our “King” has power and control issues but got the nickname, “the Wizard of Oz” because he isn’t quite as powerful as he pretends to be. The Joker is an Imposter—he doesn’t belong in the game, but there he is with an elaborate façade. And let me tell you about the Queen……well, stay tuned…..
Here are a few of the Communist goals that were discovered and written into the Congressional record in the late 1950′s. Many of the ones I’ve listed have obviously, disturbingly been successfully completed. From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen (p.269 and ff.)
Discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of “the big picture.”
Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural and healthy.” Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books
Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the school on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state”
Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social religion.” Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
CAPTURE ONE OR BOTH OF THE POLITICAL PARTIES IN THE UNITED STATES
Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of the teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing and policy-making positions. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV and motion pictures. Gain control of all student newspapers.
Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
TRANSFER SOME OF THE POWERS OF ARREST FROM THE POLICE TO SOCIAL AGENCIES.
Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces.
Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
…”Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive meaningless art.
Belittle all forms of American Culture.
CREATE THE IMPRESSION THAT VIOLENCE AND INSURRECTION ARE LEGITIMATE ASPECTS OF THE AMERICAN TRADITION; THAT STUDENTS AND SPECIAL-INTEREST GROUPS SHOULD RISE UP AND USE “UNITED FORCE” TO SOLVE ECONOMIC, POLITICAL OR SOCIAL PROBLEMS.
Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike. (Note this concept could also apply to giving away power over the Internet, which President Obama did a few years ago.)